请先看下面两道中考题:
1. —Sorry, Mr. Green. I _____ my English book at home.
—That’s OK, but don’t forget next time. (淄博市中考英语)
A. forgot B. forget C. left D. kept
2. This morning I went to work in such a hurry that _____ the key to my office at home. (青岛市中考英语)
A. forgot B. left C. missed D. lost
这两道题的答案分别为C和B,即答案均选left。许多同学也许会弄不明白,因为根据句意,这两道题均应填表示“忘记”的词语,为什么不可以用forgot而非要用left呢?下面我们就来分析一下它们在表示“忘记”时的区别。
leave和forget均可表示“遗忘”,其区别为:
1. forget通常不能与表示地点的副词或短语连用。如:
Oh, I’ve forgotten my wallet. 噢,我忘记带钱包了。
Don’t forget the cases. 别忘了带箱子。
Oh, I’ve forgotten my key. 噢,我忘记带我的钥匙了。
Don’t forget the tickets and an unbrella. 别忘了带戏票和雨伞。
2. leave 在表示“遗忘”时,则通常要与表示地点的状语连用。如:
Oh, I’ve left my wallet at home. 噢,我的钱包放在家里忘记带了。
“I’ve left my watch upstairs.” “I’ll go and get it for you.” “我把表忘在楼上了。”“我去给你拿。”
She left the bag on the bus but it may not be there any longer. 她把包忘在了公共汽车上,可是现在也许不在那儿了。
Those who leave parcels on the train cannot expect to get them back. 把东西遗忘在火车上的人,别期望能找回失物。
注:有时leave连用的状语可能是疑问词where。如:
Where did I leave my shopping? 我把买到的东西忘在哪儿了?