A:I just got a call from Mrs. Fitzgerald. See what your Willie has just done.我刚接到菲茨格尔德太太的电话。看看你的威利刚刚做了些什么。
B:My Willie? Why has he suddenly become my Willie?我的威利?怎么又突然变成了我的威利?
A:Because he takes after you, he's got into trouble again.因为他像你,他又有麻烦了。
B:What did he do this time? I remember last time he was painting her fence to repay her for breaking it, and he accidentally painted her cat.这次他干了什么?我记得上次他破坏了她的栅栏,在给她的栅栏上油漆时,却也附带地给她的小猫涂了颜色。
A:That was last time. This time it's worse.那是上一次。这次更糟。
B:Ok, tell me.好吧,告诉我什么事。
A:Well, he was playing baseball with some friends…唔,他正在和几个朋友打棒球……
B:And the ball went through her window? That's not as bad as last time.球飞进了她的窗户?那没有上次糟糕。
A:True, but that's not all. The ball went through the window and hit the vase she has in her front window……对,但还没完。球飞进窗户,打在她前窗的花瓶上……
B:Ok, that's probably expensive, but not that bad. 还好,那个花瓶可能很贵,但那没那么糟糕。
A:And then, ricocheted off her fish bowl. Mrs. Fitzgerald at the last minute dived and saved her fish.然后球跳飞过她的鱼缸。最后关头菲茨格尔德太太跳下了水,救起了她的鱼。
B:At least the fish were saved. If that's the end of the damages, then everything isn't that bad.至少鱼得救了。如果最后的损失就是这样的话,那么一切都不是太糟糕。
A:Stop interrupting me. Finally, the ball flew through the air and knocked out Willie's school principal, who was having a cup of coffee with Mrs. Fitzgerald.不要打断我。最后,球飞到空中,把正和菲茨格尔德太太一起喝咖啡的威利学校的校长打晕了。
B:Hmm, that is bad.嗯,那糟了。