1. Are you ready to be put through the mill?
你做好过堂的准备了吗?
?put through the mill 使经受磨炼,使饱尝辛酸
2. I have a low pain threshold.
我很容易感到痛苦。
3. A hole in one.
一击命中。
4. It can do wonders for your English.
对你的英语大有好处。
?do wonders 创造奇迹,取得惊人的成就
do wonders for (在…方面)创造奇迹;(在…方面)产生奇妙作用
e.g. Try this medicine. It'll do wonders for your cold. 试试这种药,它对治疗你的感冒会有神效。
5. He’s an out-and-out egotist.
他是个不折不扣的自我中心主义者。
6. She’s a real old battleaxe.
她是个泼妇。
?battleaxe (also battleax):(旧时的)战斧;泼妇,母夜叉
7. He bought a palatial house.
他买了套富丽堂皇的大房子。
8. You should have a diet easily digestible.
吃易消化的食物。
9. You’re reverting to your old habit.
你老毛病又犯了。
?revert to 回复,归还
e.g. Let us revert to the original subject. 我们回过来谈原来的主题吧。
10. Don’t be so legalistic.
通融一下嘛。