A:Have you seen the new Cosmo magazine that I was reading this morning?你看见我今天早上在看的那期新的大都市杂志了吗?
B:I think I may have seen it on the kitchen table.我好像在厨房桌子上看见过.
A:You're right, thanks. There's an interesting interview with a top director about his latest film that I want to finish.你说的没错,谢谢.这期上有一个大导演的专访,谈他的新片的,写得很有意思.我想把它看完.
B:Who's the director?哪个导演?
A:It's Martin Scorsese. You liked his film, The Departed, didn't you?马丁斯科塞斯.你喜欢他拍的无间道风云,对吧?
B:Yes, it was fantastic! Can I read the article when you're finished?是啊,拍的太棒了!你看完后让我看看好吗?
A:Sure. You know it has an online edition, too. You should go online to read if you want to read it now.没问题.网上还有在线阅读的版本呢.如果你现在就想看,可以在网上看.
B:That's ok. I'll wait until you're finished. Just out of curiosity, do you have a subscription for that maganize?没关系.我等你看完吧.出于好奇闻一闻,你订了这本杂志吗?
A:No. I don't buy it regularly enough for it to be worthwhile.没有.它不值得我每期都买.
B:How much does the maganize cost?这本杂志多少钱?
A:It's almost three pounds now, and I think they're going to put the price up to four pounds soon.现在几乎都3英镑了,而且我相信马上会涨到4英镑的.
B:That's quite expensive. Who is their target audience?太贵了.它的目标读者群是什么人?
A:Cosmo mainly has a middle-class readership, but I think circulation will fall dramatically if the price goes up anymore.大都市的读者群主要是中产阶级,不过我觉得它的售价再涨下去的话发行量就会大幅下跌的.
B:I bet you'll still buy it, though. You wouldn't be able to live without your fashion magazine!不过我敢打赌你还是会买的.你离开你的那些时尚杂志就活不了!