A:Have you ever been in an earthquake?你经历过地震吗?
B:Yes, I experienced one when I was in Tokyo once. The tremors only lasted a few seconds though and then it was over.经历过,我在东京的时候遇到过一次.不过那次轻微的地震大概只持续了几秒钟,然后就过去了.
A:Do you know where it measured on the Richter scale?你知道用里氏震级来衡量的话大概是多少吗?
B:I don't remember, but it wasn't very serious. Have you ever been in an earthquake?我不记得了,不过不是很严重.你经历过地震吗?
A:No, but I was in quite a few tornados when I was younger.没有,不过我小时候遇到过几次龙卷风.
B:Where are you from?你是哪里人?
A:I'm from the plains of the Midwest. It's a prime location for tornadoes.我来自美国中西部的平原地区.那里是龙卷风的多发地带.
B:Did your house ever get damaged from the winds?你家的房子在龙卷风中有损坏吗?
A:Most of the time we were lucky, but once a tree from our front yard was ripped out by its roots and ended up in our living room.基本上挺走运的,不过有一次前院的树被连根拔起,砸在我们的起居室里.
B:Wow, that must have really been scary.哇!那一定挺恐怖的.
A:Actually, some of my fon dest memories of my childhood were of spending time with my family in the basement waiting for the tornados to pass.其实我关于童年生活印象最深的就是和家人一起躲在地下室里等着龙卷风过去.
B:Have you ever experiences a flood?你遇到过洪水吗?
A:No, but my father's car was destroyed in a flood once. It actually happened the day after he bought the car!没有,不过有一次我爸爸的车被洪水给毁了.就在他刚买了那辆车的第二天!
B:That sure didn't last long!那一定没法用了!