A:You're finally here! What took so long?你可算到了!怎么花了这么长的时间?
B:I got stuck in traffic again. There was a terrible traffic jam near the Carrefour intersection.又遇到堵车了.家乐福那个路口老是特别堵
A:It's always rather congested down there during rush hour. Maybe you should try to find a different route to get home.那个地段在高峰时间里总是特别拥堵.也许你该找条别的路回家.
B:I don't think it can be avoided, to be honest.老实说,我觉得这个路口绕不开.
A:Perhaps it would be better if you started taking public transpot system to work.没准你乘公共交通工具去上班会好一些.
B:I think it's something that I'll have to consider. The public transport system is pretty good.这倒可以考虑.公共交通系统还是挺不错的.
A:It would be better for the environment, too.对环境也更好些.
B:I know. I feel bad about how much my car is adding to the pollution problem in this city.我明白.我一想到我的车向大气排放了那么多的废气,我就心情很差.
A:Taking the subway would be a lot less stressful than driving as well.坐地铁就不会像开车那样有那么大的交通压力.
B:The only problem is that I'm going to really miss having the freedom that you have with a car.唯一的问题就是我会非常想念开车时的自由自在.
A:Well, when it's nicer outside, you can start biking to work. That will give you just as much freedom as your car usually provides.恩,等到外面天气再好一些的时候,你可以骑自行车上班,那能够让你体会跟开车一样的自由.
B:That's true. I could certainly use the exercise!没错.我还可以骑车锻炼身体!
A:So, are you going to quit driving to work then?是啊,你现在是不是不想开车上班了?
B:Yes, it's not good for me or for the environemnt.对,开车对我的身体和环境都不好.