A:Are you ready for your first driving lesson?准备好上第一节驾驶课了吗?
B:Yes. Which one is the brake again?准备好了.再告诉我一遍哪个是刹车?
A:The pedal on your left is the brake and the one on your right is the gas.你左脚边那个踏板是刹车,右边那个踏板是油门.
B:I’m glad this car is an automatic. I don't like having to change gears.我很高兴这辆车是自动档的.我可不喜欢换挡.
A:Automatics are very simple to drive. The first thing you should do is put your seat belt on.自动挡的车很好开.你要做的头一件事就是要系好安全带.
B:You should also put yours on. you never know what will happen with me in the driver’s seat!你应该把你那边也系上.你永远也不会知道驾驶员这边会发生什么事!
A:Very funny. Next you should check your side mirrors and your rear view mirror. Can you see out of them?真好笑.下一步,你要记得检查两边的侧镜和后视镜.你都能看见吗?
B:I can’t see anything out of the side mirror on your side of the car. Could you move it forward a bit, please?你那边的侧镜我一点都看不见.你能帮我往前调一点吗?
A:How’s that?怎么样?
B:That’s better. Now what?好多了.现在干什么?
A:Check your petrol situation.查看一下你的油表.
B:The tank is almost empty. I guess I’ll drive to the petrol station to fill it up.油箱几乎空了.我想我得开到加油站去加油.
A:That’s a good idea. Put your keys in the ignition, start it up, put the car in reserve, wait for the road to be clear, and then back out of the driveway.你说的对.把钥匙插进点火开关里.发动车,把档位调到倒车档,等路面的车都通过后,慢慢倒出机动车道.
B:I got it. Don’t worry. I’ll get you there in one piece.我开到了.别担心.我保证你能安全到达.
A:Remember, no honking this time. The horn is only for emergencies!记住,这时候不要按喇叭.喇叭只是遇到紧急情况的时候才能用.
B:Why does that cop car behind me have its red lights on?我后面的警车为什么亮起了红灯?