A:We are going out for dinner tonight. Are you coming, Betty?晚上我们要一起出去吃饭,贝蒂,你一块儿去吗?
B:I'm not sure. I have to check my schedule. Where are you going?我不太确定,要先看一下我的安排.你们去哪儿吃饭?
A:Oh, Jake made a reservation at Friday's.哦,杰克预定了星期五餐厅.
B:Jack?杰克?
A:Yes, the one with the R and D team. Is that a problem?对啊,就是研发组的杰克.怎么了?
B:I will never go out with him anymore.我再也不会和他一起出去吃饭了.
A:Why did you say so?为什么这么说?
B:Last time when we had dinner at the Smith's, it was a horrible experience. He had no manners at all!上次我们一起去史密斯家吃晚饭,太可怕了.他吃饭根本就没规矩.
A:Oh, really?真的吗?
B:He made a lot of noises while eating. He talked with his mouth full and sipped loudly.他吃饭时发出很大的声响,嘴里塞满了吃的却说个不停,喝汤时还弄出很大的声音来.
A:Are you kidding me? How could he behave like that?你在开玩笑吧!他怎么能这样呢?
B:It is true. Everyone kept looking at him. It was so embarrassing as I was sitting right next to him.真的,当时每个人都在不停地看着他.我正好坐在他旁边,觉得特别尴尬.
A:What a shame! Didn't he realized that?真丢人!他自己没有意识到吗?
B:I have no idea. He seemed to enjoy the dinner very much.我不知道,他看起来吃的很开心.
A:Maybe he should really learn something about eating etiquette.或许他真该学学餐桌礼仪了
B:Oh, he really should.是啊,他真的应该学学.