A:OK...well, then how much is one jin?好……那么一斤是多少钱呢?
B:Ginseng comes in 6 different grades. It runs from 5,000 to 30,000NT a jin.人参有六种等级。一斤的价格从五千到三万都有。
A:30,000NT for ginseng?! Do I have to buy a whole jin?花三万块买人参?!我非得一斤一斤买吗?
B:You can get a liang if you want. A liang is one-sixteenth of a jin. That would be 330NT.要的话你也可以论两买。一两是十六分之一斤,也就是三百三。
A:Whew! That sounds more like my price range. I'll take two liangs.呼!那听来比较符合我的预算。我买二两。
B:I'll have my brother cut some for you.我叫我大哥切给你。
A:This little red fruit looks good. What's it good for?这红色的小水果很好看。它有什么功效?
B:That's a lucky fruit called hong zao! People say that if you eat them, you will have your first son very soon!这个幸运的水果叫做红枣!大家说吃了会早生贵子!
A:Uh..., I'm not even married yet. How about this brown dried fruit?喔……我都还没结婚呢。那这个棕色的水果干呢?
B:Gui yuan are lucky, too! If you eat them, you'll have a very sweet life!桂圆也会带来幸运!吃了之后就会有甜蜜的生活!
A:And how about these little brown chips?那这些棕色的小薄片呢?
B:Oh, that's deer horn. That helps you...umm, how should I put it?噢,那是鹿茸,可以帮你……嗯,这该怎么说呢?