1. I’m not a soldier of fortune.
我不是个枪手。
?soldier of fortune 军事冒险者;追求财富或享乐的冒险家
2. He’s unrelenting.
他坚定不移。
3. I refuse to be fitted into any ideological straitjacket.
我不会被任何观念所束缚。
4. I do a full workup every year.
我每年都做全身体检。
5. We all slip up.
人人都有失误的时候。
?slip up 滑跤;疏忽,犯错;遭到不幸
e.g. It must have slipped up badly. 一定是出了大错。
6. Nothing really tickled my fancy.
没什么吸引我的东西。
?tickle one's fancy 引起某人的兴趣
7. She had the presence of mind.
她沉着冷静,反应敏捷。
?presence of mind 沉着,镇定,不乱方寸;聚精会神,专心志致
e.g. The boy had the presence of mind to turn off the gas. 那男孩子镇定地关掉了煤气。
8. A man should have a sinewy body.
男人应该强壮。
9. I can throw him off the scent for a while.
我可以瞒他一阵子。
?throw/put sb. off the scent 糊弄人
10. You could count on the fingers of one hand.
屈指可数。
?count on the fingers of one hand 屈指可数,寥寥无几
从字面不难猜出这个词的意思,一只手就可以数过来,那可真的是太少。