A:Hey, May, how are you doing?
嗨,梅,最近怎么样?
B:Oh, I'm a little busy these days.
哦,这阵儿有点儿忙。
A:Why is that?
为什么?
B:Don’t you know Christmas is coming? I have a lot of things to get ready.
你不知道圣诞节就快到了吗?我要准备的东西太多了。
A:But you’re in China. Are you planning on going home for Christmas?
可你现在在中国。你打算回家过圣诞节吗?
B:Yeah, so I have to buy presents for everyone before I leave.
是的,所以我要在回去之前给每个人买礼物。
A:Why not just give them money in red envelopes? That would be much easier.
为什么不给他们红包呢?那要省事得多。
B:Americans don’t like giving money, they prefer presents you buy for them. So I have to figure out what to buy for all of my family and friends.
美国人不喜欢给钱,他们更喜欢你送礼物。所以我得想好为我的朋友家人买些什么。
A:I've got it. I won’t bother you any more. You’d better hurry to do it, Christmas is just around the corner.
我明白了。我不打扰你了。你最好快点去做这件事,圣诞节马上快到了。
B:I will. Merry Christmas.
我会的。圣诞快乐!