M:Did you hear about Joe? She hasn't eaten for days.
你听说乔的事了吗?她已经几天没有吃东西了。
F:Why? What's eating her?
为什么?有什么事困扰她吗?
M:Love sick. You know who she's in love with?
害相思病。你知道她喜欢上谁了吗?
F:I don't have the slightest idea.
我完全没头绪。
M:Someone you're living with.
和你住在一起的人。
F:What? Not my Dad, I hope!?
什么?我希望不会是我爸爸吧!?
M:Come on, Mary, it's your brother, Jack.
拜托,玛莉,是你哥杰克。
F:No kidding! Jack is such a log! He's never dated a girl.
别开玩笑了,杰克是个呆子。他从来没有和女孩子约过会。
M:The problem with Joe is that she's too shy to tell him.
问题是,乔她太害羞了,不敢告诉杰克。
F:And the problem with Jack is that he seems to have no interest in girls. He's putting his heart into his stamp collection.
而杰克的问题是,他对女孩子好像没有兴趣,他迷上集邮了。
M:Well, if you want to help your friend, you should do something about it.
不过,如果你想帮帮朋友,就做做你哥哥的工作吧!