A:Who's that striking woman over there?
那边那个大美女是谁?
B:Hm? Oh, that's Alice. She's totally mad. Don't get yourself in a room alone with her.
嗬?哦,那是Alice。她根本是个疯子,千万不要跟她独处一室。
A:Really? Why not? She looks great.
是吗,为什么?她看起来很不错啊。
B:Yes, I know, but she's dangerous.
是啊,我知道,可是她很危险。
A:Really? Tell me more.
是吗?再说多一点。
B:Well, I'm not one to gossip, as you know, but rumor has it that she sued her former boss for sexual harassment.
哦,你也知道我不爱说长道短,不过有传闻说,她告她的前任老板性骚扰。
A:Wow, crikey. So what happened?
哇塞,结果呢?
B:Well, this is just between ourselves, of course, but he was her lover and he wanted to leave her, so she got revenge. I heard him say she was a dangerous woman.
这个嘛,千万不要说出去,他们两个是一对,而他想要离开她,于是她就报复.我听他说,她是个危险的女人。
A:Wow.
哇。
B:Oh, while we're on the subject, what happened to you and your secretary?
对了,既然我们聊到了这件事,你跟你的秘书怎么样了?
A:I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么。
B:Oh, come on. Everybody knows.
你得了吧,大家都知道。
A:Could you excuse me a moment? I have to make a phone call
容我告辞一下好吗?我得打个电话。
B:Oh, sure.
哦,当然好。