A:Hey, buddy. Are the fish biting today?
嘿,哥们,今天鱼上钩了吗?
B:They sure are. They are practically jumping in the boat.
当然上钩了。它们正在船上活蹦乱跳呢。
A:Is that so? Well, what kind of bait are you using?
是吗?你用的是哪种饵?
B:We're catching most of our fish with lures.
大部分都是用诱饵钓到的。
A:Lures? We're using live bait over here.
诱饵?我们这里用的是活饵。
B:What kind of live bait are you using? Worms or minnows?
你们用的是哪种活饵?毛虫还是小鱼?
A:We're using worms.
我们用毛虫。
B:Are you having any luck with the worms?
今天的运气如何?
A:No,we haven't even gotten a nibble today.
没运气,整整一天鱼都没咬一下。
B:That's too bad. Why don't you try using lures instead?
太糟了。为什么不试试诱饵?
A:I would, but I don't have any in my tackle box.
我以后会的,不过现在盒子里没有。
B:That's too bad. Well, where are you fishing?
太糟了。对了,你在哪钓鱼?
A:I'm just fishing from the shore. How about you?
刚刚就在岸边。你呢?
B:We went out in our boat.I have a favorite fishing hole out there.
我们乘船出钓。那边有我们最爱的钓鱼点。
A:Sweet.Can you tell me where it is?
真棒。能告诉它在哪儿吗?
B:Oh no,I can't tell you. It's a secret. Say, why don't you go over by the lily pads and try fishing there?
噢,我不能告诉你,这是个秘密。对了,你为什么不去莉莉池塘那儿试试?
A:Do you think that's a good spot?
你觉得那里不错吗?
B:Sure, I used to catch my legal limit of bass there all the time.
当然,以前我一直在那儿钓鱼,钓到的鲈鱼多得要超限了。
A:Thanks. I think I'll go check that out now.
谢谢。我想我现在去那儿试试看。
B:Good luck. I hope you each some fish.
祝你好运。希望你能钓到些鱼。