M:Who is your favorite NBA star?
你最喜欢NBA里的哪位明星?
J:Kobe Bryant, of course.
当然是科比啦.
M:Kobe? I know him, the key guy of the Lakers, a heck of a NBA player. He is on fire when he breaks through enermy defense.
科比啊,我知道.就是湖人队那个领军人物,NBA球员中的极品.他突破对手的防守时,像一团火焰似的,样子酷极了。
J:He is competent both in driving the lane and shooting jumpers, but what really makes him formidable is his ability to switch up and dribble with his left hand.
他不管是上篮还是跳投都很准,里外开花.但是最可怕的是,他能够换手,用左手运球.
M:Maybe he is not good at rebounding?
也许他不太擅长抢篮板?
J:Indeed, no man can be perfect. He is just so-so in crashing the boards. Usually he plays shooting guard. Rebounding might not be his strong suit.
是的,金无足赤人无完人嘛.冲抢篮板,他实力一般.通常他做的是得分后卫,篮板不是他的强项.
M:Kobe came to Beijing during this summer's Olymics. Did you go to the match between China and USA?
今年夏天奥运会时,他来了北京.你去看了中国队与梦八的比赛没有?
J:Who wouldn't! My friend Lee went so far as to get an autograph from him.
那肯定去啦!我的朋友,李,还弄到一个签名呢.
M:Well then, what are your spoils?
那你的战利品呢?
J:Well, nothing more than a jumble of photographs.
我嘛,也就是一大堆照片.