A:Mom, I've got something to tell you.
妈妈,我有事情要对你说。
B:So, please!
说吧!
A:Aunt Jane buys a new bike for Tom. He is putting on grand airs.
简阿姨给汤姆买了一辆新的自行车。他现在可神气呢。
B:I bought you a new one last year. Isn't it handsome?
我不是去年给你买了一辆吗?难道它不好吗?
A:It is great. But Tom's bike is so much better than mine.
是很好。但是汤姆的自行车比我的好。
B:Frankly, he is more well-behaved than you.
说实话,他也比你表现得好啊。
A:Nothing of that sort!
哪有这回事!
B:Why hasn't the bus come yet? Every morning we have to wait for so long.
为什么公交车还没有来啊?每天早晨我们都要等这么久!
A:Mom, it's OK. I will buy a big car one day. It is faster than the bus.
妈妈,没关系的。总有一天我会买一辆汽车的。它比公交车可快多了。
B:Really? I am looking forward to that. What about the traffic?
真的?我可盼着呢。那交通问题怎么解决呢?
A:Let me see.Yes. I will buy a plane for you. There is no traffic up there.
让我想想。知道了。我给你买一架飞机好了,在天上就不会出现交通堵塞了。
注释:
He is putting on grand airs.
他神气十足。
Nothing of the sort!
哪有这回事!该句用来表达否定或者不服气的意思。
Let me see.
让我想想。在想要表达“让我看看”时,也可以用这句话。