Bill:It's rather cold this winter.
今年冬天真是冷啊!
Cici:Yeah. Australia, however, is awful hot.
是啊。但是澳洲却极其的热。
Bill:In a word, we have abnormal weather all over the world this year.
总而言之,今年全球的天气都很反常。
Cici:Absolutely. And there're so many natural disasters in recent years, such as the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and the 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake.
确实如此。而且近几年有很多的天灾,比如04年的印尼海啸,08年的汶川大地震。
Bill:There are also new diseases--SARS and H1N1, they kills a lot of people.
还出现了新的疾病——SARS 和H1N1,它们夺去了很多人的生命。
Cici:According to the Mayan calendar, Dec. 21, 2012 is the end of the world. Maybe that's true.
根据玛雅历,2012年12月21日是世界末日。或许那是真的。
Bill:But a Mayan elder insists 2012 is not the end of the world,"definitely not. "
但是一名玛雅老人强调2012不是世界末日,“绝对不是” 。
Cici:Anyway, I think the prediction is a wake-up call.
不管怎样,我想这个预言为我们敲响了警钟。
Bill:Yeah. We should pay more attention to environmental protection, and try our best to take good care of our unique earth.
是的。我们应该更注重环境保护,并尽力好好爱护我们唯一的地球。
Cici:You're right. By the way, I think we should not buy any houses before Dec. 21, 2012.
说得对。顺便说一句,我想我们不应该在2012年12月21日前买房子。