1. You’re pouring water into a sieve.
你太浪费了。
2. This contravenes regulations.
这违反规则。
3. It must remain in true-blue hands.
这事必须由可靠的人办。
?true-blue 忠贞不渝的,坚贞的,坚定的
>>每日一句英译汉667--true-blue<<
4. The car is roomy.
这车很宽敞。
5. Snap out of it. It’s not the end of the world.
别老想这事了。又不是世界末日。
?snap out of it 打起精神,行动起来,别泄气
e.g. Even if you were wasting time all the years before, you can still snap out of it and begin a new life now. 就算你之前几年都在荒废时间,现在你仍然可以振作起来,开始新的生活。
>>地道口语:常用介词口语短句<<
6. Her joy was palpable.
她的幸福溢于言表。
7. I have to use heavy-handed tactics.
我只能采取铁腕政策。
?heavy-handed 笨手笨脚的,不灵活的;严厉的,苛刻的;粗鲁的,粗俗的
>>【读迷你小对话 学英语口语】第2课:笨拙 - 6<<
8. Bookkeeping is not really my line.
财会不是我强项。
9. Peasant workers are poorly remunerated.
农民工的收入很低。
10. If you buy that house you’re on the hamster wheel.
要是买了那房子,你还贷款就没个头了。