F:This is tough to say, John, but I think we should break up.
约翰,我知道这很痛苦,但是我们还是分手吧。
M:Are you serious?
你不是开玩笑吧?
F:Yes, I mean it.
不,我很认真。
M:But why? Did I do anything wrong?
但是,为什么啊?我做错了什么吗?
F:No, we are just too different. This relationship isn't going anywhere.
没有,只是我们性格太不同了。我们之间不会有结果的。
M:Hey, come on. It's too early to say that. We can fix things.
啊,别这样。现在说这些太早了,我们可以在一起的。
F:I have thought about it for a long time. I think it's time to move on for both of us.
我已经想了很长时间了,我想我们还是各走各的路吧。
M:But I still love you.
但是我还是深爱着你的。
F:I'm sorry.
对不起。
M:I knew this would happen some day…
我早知道迟早会有这一天的。
F:Then why didn't you talk to me?
那你为什么不早告诉我呢?
M:Well. It's not all my fault, Anna……
可是,也不全是我的错,安娜。
F:I don't want to argue with you anymore. This is going to be tough, but let's try to forget that and be friends.
我不想再和你吵了。我知道彼此一定会很难受,但是我们还是忘掉过去做普通朋友吧。
M:Have you made the decision yet?
你真的想和我分手了吗?
F:I think we'll be better off if we are apart.
我想我们还是分开好。
M:Then shall we keep pure friendship?
我们还能做朋友吗?
F:Sure, let's just be friends.
当然,我们还是朋友。